Know more about the OECD jobs opportunities. The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organisation established in 1961 to promote economic growth, stability, and improved living standards among its member countries. Headquartered in Paris, France, the OECD currently comprises 38 member countries, including many of the world’s most advanced and industrialised nations.
The primary objectives of the OECD include:
- Economic Policy Coordination: The organisation facilitates cooperation among member countries to develop and implement sound economic policies. This coordination aims to foster sustainable economic growth and reduce disparities among nations.
- Data Collection and Analysis: The OECD is known for its extensive collection and analysis of economic and social data. It produces reports, statistical publications, and studies that provide valuable insights into global economic trends, allowing member countries to make informed policy decisions.
- Policy Recommendations: Based on its research and analysis, the OECD offers policy recommendations to member countries. These recommendations cover a wide range of areas, including fiscal policy, education, healthcare, and environmental sustainability.
- Best Practises and Standards: The OECD works to establish and promote best practises and standards in various policy areas. This includes guidelines for corporate governance, anti-corruption measures, and environmental sustainability.
- Global Economic Challenges: The organisation addresses global economic challenges, such as income inequality, unemployment, and climate change. It provides a platform for member countries to collaborate on finding effective solutions to these complex issues.
- Education and Skills Development: The OECD places a strong emphasis on education and skills development. It conducts international assessments of education systems, like the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA), to identify successful practises and areas for improvement.
- Multilateral Dialogue: The OECD serves as a forum for multilateral dialogue, allowing member countries to discuss and share experiences on a wide range of policy issues. It provides a platform for open communication and the exchange of ideas.
- Development Cooperation: The OECD engages in development cooperation efforts to support non-member countries in their economic and social development. It works on initiatives related to governance, infrastructure, and capacity building.
The Secretary-General, appointed by member countries, leads the OECD Secretariat in implementing the organization’s work. The activities of the OECD cover diverse areas, reflecting the interconnected nature of global economic and social challenges.
In summary, the OECD plays a crucial role in fostering international cooperation, providing data-driven policy recommendations, and promoting best practises to address complex economic and social issues for the benefit of its member countries and the global community. Know more about the OECD jobs vacancies.
OECD jobs: Organisation is hiring
Our work promotes policies to improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. The OECD jobs brings together governments, members of parliament, businesses, community leaders, civil organisations, and academics to seek solutions to common problems, develop global standards, share experiences, and identify best practises in a collaborative effort towards better policies for better lives.
Through the provision of high-quality policy advice drawing on multi-disciplinary perspectives and peer-learning approaches, the OECD jobs are a unique international organisation that sets standards and defines best practices in almost every field of economic and social policy.
A hub for the discussion of global policy issues, the OECD interacts with governments, international organisations, parliamentarians, the business sector, trade unions, academics, the media, and NGOs, and in doing so leverages its position to build an unprecedented network of knowledge based on a deep-rooted conviction about the benefits of multilateral cooperation.
We are raising global standards and developing solutions for global challenges that have a significant impact across many spheres of our lives. From policy experts and economists to corporate functions and administrative support, the range of professionals who work in the OECD jobs is vast, and we are constantly looking for talented and committed individuals of diverse backgrounds and expertise to join our more than 3,900 staff.
- Chief Statistician and Director of Statistics
- Economist/Policy Analyst: Innovation and Technology Policy (Temporary Assignment)
- Head of Division for Europe, Middle East, Africa and Latin America
- Maintenance Technician and Works Manager
- Payroll Officer
- Resource Management Officer
To find OECD jobs you can visit the career page.